Welcome to the 2018 Summer Hockey U Registration!
This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation, and submit payment. Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately. To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or checking account information available.
The Summer Hockey U (also known as "Learn to Play") will be held on Tuesdays from 6:10 p.m. till 7:10 p.m.
beginning May 22 and ending July 17.
8 sessions - no session on July 3
The cost is $80
All Hockey U (Learn to Play) Participants will need to meet the following requirements:
1) Have basic ice skating skills such as starting, stopping, turning, and the ability to maintain balance. The participant should be able to move around on ice skates without assistance. PYHA recommends participation in the HRIceplex Learn to Skate Programs before participating in Hockey U (Learn to Play).
2) Have a current USA Hockey player registration. The registration must be valid for the 2018-19 season. If you already have a USA Hockey number it is valid until the end of August. Please click on the link below if you need to verify your player's USA hockey registration number or obtain a valid registration for this season. There is an additional fee charged by USA Hockey for registrations. All PYHA hockey programs are governed by USA Hockey guidelines and require current registrations for participation.
3) Complete this online registration process. Your player's position in the class is verified when you receive a confirmation email from the Prowl website via SportsNgin. There is an additional small processing fee charged by SportsNgin to the individual user for each online transaction.
4) Ensure your player has at a minimum the following required equipment: 1) Hockey Helmet with Complete Face Protection, Ice skates, Shin Pads, Elbow Pads, Gloves, Athletic Supporter, hockey pants, shoulder pads, and a Hockey Stick.
***Players will need a jersey and hockey socks or other larger, baggy clothing that can be worn over the padding. PYHA has limited loaner gear available on a first request basis. Please contact PYHA for more information.
5) Arrive at the rink at least 30 minutes before the beginning of each Learn to Play session. It takes a long time to properly fit and fasten all required protective gear. Please have your player ready to be on the ice before commencement of each session.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.